Glass Waste Recycling Leicestershire
A major challenge facing humanity today is environmental pollution and it has the potential to cause serious problems. To decrease this, companies are encouraged to use the services of a waste services company such as ours. At Leicestershire Waste, we have developed our services so that they fit every individual company’s needs as we understand that there is no one size fits all when it comes to glass waste recycling and management as a whole. To learn more about our services, contact us on 01455 220323.
As an eco-friendly company with a zero landfill policy, we are efficient and environmentally friendly. We also offer excellent customer service. Additionally, we’ll provide you with free bins and deliver them to your premises for free. The better you manage your glass waste, the more you contribute to saving environmental resources and fulfilling your Duty of Care obligation.
Facts About Glass Recycling Leicestershire
- The UK has one of the highest recycling rates for glass.
- The recycling process does not affect the quality of glass material, so it can be recycled again and again without any damage or degradation.
- In the UK Every 100,000 tonnes of recycled glass that is collected for recycling creates approximately 500.
- By recycling 3000 standard-size glass bottles (75 cm each), we can avoid waste accumulation of 1,000 kilograms.
- The health benefits of glass recycling are reduced air pollution and water pollution, leading to reduced hospital costs and healthier living.
- Although not all glass can be recycled, glass bottles and jars are recyclable.
- In comparison to mining new stone, recycling glass to produce new glass uses significantly less energy and is less damaging to the environment.
- It costs significantly less to create glass by recycling than to make it from original materials.
- In the fight against global warming and glass pollution around the world, recycling glass is a powerful tool.
The recycling of glass Leicestershire
A glass recycling process begins with collection. A representative from our company will come to your location to collect glass waste. A glass collection and recycling centre will then receive the glass and begin the recycling process. They will then be cleaned of their impurities and sorted according to their colours and grades at the recycling centre.
Glasses of the same colour are often recycled together since this suggests they are chemically similar. Afterward, it will be smashed, melted, and moulded into new products, such as bottles and jars. Additionally, waste glass that is not recyclable to usable glass materials can be used to make bricks or as decorative materials.
Since pollution leads to so many problems and recycling has so many advantages, society and our businesses, especially, should adopt recycling as a norm. The European Union is aware of this, and has imposed a target that by 2025, businesses should recycle at least 55% of all waste generated. So, we encourage and urge you to contact Leicestershire waste company on 01455 220323 today in order to get started with your glass recycling